I've been asked to present a case study and design an experience, where people can find and adopt pets, from appropriate shelters & foster homes.
My principle is “Start design with a Why” to clearly understand why users need this app. I should research what the users’ goals are and how they achieve them.
Reading and processing the given brief, I concluded to a thought: this imaginary case study, would be a combination of e-commerce and a matchmaking profile application. I divided my research based on these two major factors:
- People who would like to adopt a new pet via an app or site, that divided into two sub-categories:
- Users who already have a pet and need a second one
- Those users who will adopt for their first time
Basically, we speak about two sides, when we think the e-commerce similarities:
- Buyers: Users who want to adopt,
- Sellers: Shelter & Foster home, who want their pets to be adopted.